Comment on page
RFDesign Pty Ltd
RFDesign is an electronics design and manufacturing company specialising in Embedded systems, Radios, Antennas and high frequency electronics.
- New Processor, ARM 32 bit core.
- Air data rate: 500kbit/s
- AES Hardware accelerated encryption. *Fully working*
- RC PPM Passthrough with telemetry at the same time.
- Fully ESD protected + filtered - Every IO port is protected and filtered.
- Original SiK point to point firmware implemented.
- Asynchronous multipoint firmware, *Beta release*
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup*80km demonstrated by Edge Research labs on a balloon, 57km in India, on Dipoles.
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3.
- RX SAW filter.
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered.
- Re implemented SiK and Multipoint SiK firmware, field upgradeable, easy toconfigure.
- Small, lightweight.
- License free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ
- Note: Not compatible with older modems
The software solution is an open source development called "SiK". It has been re implemented to suit the new processor architecture available on the 32bit ARM processor core. A boot loader and interface is available for further development and field upgrade of the modem firmware via the serial port.
Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), frequency band, power levels.
Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner. The default settings are at 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, and 64k air data rate.
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Transparent serial link
- Point to Point, or Multipoint networking
- Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remoteradio
- User configurable serial data rates and air data rates
- MAVLink protocol framing (user selectable)
- MAVLink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, RemoteNoise)
- Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in realtime
- Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
The RFD900 is designed to be compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators)
- AS/NZS 4268:2012 (Radio equipment and systems - short range devices)
The modem is designed for system integrators who will integrate the modem into their own projects and product prototypes. The user is responsible for compliance with local regulations for radio transmitters.
RFDesign Pty Ltd
Unit 7/1 Stockwell Place
Archerfield QLD 4108
Tel: +61 (0)7 3255 6042